South Korean tourist alleges rape at Bandhavgarh
Umaria: Police on Friday took into custody a resort manager in connection with alleged rape of a South Korean woman at Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve.
"Resort manager Deepak Vishwakarma has been taken into custody and the room where the alleged rape took place has been sealed," police said here.
Police took Vishwakarma into custody from Mandla village near Khajuraho. The resort belongs to BJP MLA Nagendra Singh`s son Dushyant Singh.
Dushyant told reporters that resort`s register showed no foreign woman had stayed there on January 14. The 23-year-old woman filed a complaint at Aurangabad, Maharashtra, yesterday that she was raped by a waiter of a hotel in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve on January 14.
But Monu Yadav, who works as a waiter at the resort, told reporters that a foreigner woman did stay there on January 14, and as hotel`s senior staff members were standing in the courtyard along with the woman, they had asked him to bring six beer bottles.
Around 10 pm he was asked to go and sleep by the "Sir" as he had to get up early in the morning for his duties. He said he was not aware what had happened after that.
According to the victim, she asked the waiter at resort to serve her beer in her room, who laced her drink with some sedatives and raped her when she became unconscious.
On January 29, her bag was stolen from Aurangabad Railway Station area. She then narrated the Bandhavgarh incident to a tourist guide, who suggested that she go to the police.
Aurangabad Assistant Commissioner of Police Naresh Meghrajani said the woman would be sent to MP for further probe. However, Shahdol Range Inspector General (IG) Ved Prakash Sharma told PTI that so far they had not received any communication from Aurangabad, so no question of filing FIR aries. So far the Maharashtra Police and the victim had not arrived at Umaria, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?