Spurned lover shoots newly-married woman
Morena: A spurned lover allegedly shot at and injured a newly-married woman and then apparently committed suicide by shooting himself at a village here, police said on Monday.
Ravi Tiwari (25), a resident of Kumurpur village in Morena district, was in love with the victim who didn`t reciprocate his feelings, they said.
The woman, who got married to a Morena resident on May 2, had come to her parents` house in Kumurpur village and last evening when she was going out with her mother and sister, Ravi shot at her with a country-made pistol and fled from the spot, they said.
The victim was first taken to Jaura hospital and later referred to Gwalior for treatment.
Meanwhile, the body of the accused, who had run away after shooting the woman, was today found with bullet wounds about four kms away from Kumurpur.
Police said it was suspected that he shot himself dead with the pistol after shooting the woman.
The body has been sent for postmortem, police said, adding that further investigation was on in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’