Spurned lover shoots newly-married woman
Morena: A spurned lover allegedly shot at and injured a newly-married woman and then apparently committed suicide by shooting himself at a village here, police said on Monday.
Ravi Tiwari (25), a resident of Kumurpur village in Morena district, was in love with the victim who didn`t reciprocate his feelings, they said.
The woman, who got married to a Morena resident on May 2, had come to her parents` house in Kumurpur village and last evening when she was going out with her mother and sister, Ravi shot at her with a country-made pistol and fled from the spot, they said.
The victim was first taken to Jaura hospital and later referred to Gwalior for treatment.
Meanwhile, the body of the accused, who had run away after shooting the woman, was today found with bullet wounds about four kms away from Kumurpur.
Police said it was suspected that he shot himself dead with the pistol after shooting the woman.
The body has been sent for postmortem, police said, adding that further investigation was on in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery