Spurned lover shoots newly-married woman
Morena: A spurned lover allegedly shot at and injured a newly-married woman and then apparently committed suicide by shooting himself at a village here, police said on Monday.
Ravi Tiwari (25), a resident of Kumurpur village in Morena district, was in love with the victim who didn`t reciprocate his feelings, they said.
The woman, who got married to a Morena resident on May 2, had come to her parents` house in Kumurpur village and last evening when she was going out with her mother and sister, Ravi shot at her with a country-made pistol and fled from the spot, they said.
The victim was first taken to Jaura hospital and later referred to Gwalior for treatment.
Meanwhile, the body of the accused, who had run away after shooting the woman, was today found with bullet wounds about four kms away from Kumurpur.
Police said it was suspected that he shot himself dead with the pistol after shooting the woman.
The body has been sent for postmortem, police said, adding that further investigation was on in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000