Spurned lover shoots newly-married woman
Morena: A spurned lover allegedly shot at and injured a newly-married woman and then apparently committed suicide by shooting himself at a village here, police said on Monday.
Ravi Tiwari (25), a resident of Kumurpur village in Morena district, was in love with the victim who didn`t reciprocate his feelings, they said.
The woman, who got married to a Morena resident on May 2, had come to her parents` house in Kumurpur village and last evening when she was going out with her mother and sister, Ravi shot at her with a country-made pistol and fled from the spot, they said.
The victim was first taken to Jaura hospital and later referred to Gwalior for treatment.
Meanwhile, the body of the accused, who had run away after shooting the woman, was today found with bullet wounds about four kms away from Kumurpur.
Police said it was suspected that he shot himself dead with the pistol after shooting the woman.
The body has been sent for postmortem, police said, adding that further investigation was on in the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged