Stop BJP from retaining power in Madhya Pradesh: Congress
Hoshangabad: Continuing their attack on the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government, Congress leaders in Madhya Pradesh on Thursday called for a change of guard in the state by defeating the BJP in the upcoming Assembly Elections.
The State Congress leaders led by Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh and Union ministers Kamalnath and Jyotiraditya Scindia along with State Congress chief Kantilal Bhuria and Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh unanimously opined at the "Parivartan Yatra" here that things had turned for the worse in BJP rule.
Ajay Singh alleged that corruption was rampant in Madhya Pradesh under the BJP rule and people were fed up with the "false promises" made by the government.
"Time has come for the people to defeat the BJP in the November 25 Assembly Elections," he said.
Digvijay Singh alleged that a large number of Munnabhais` had taken admissions through wrong means in Madhya Pradesh which did not reflect well on the ruling BJP government.
He said that conditions have become so bad that a deserving student from a poor family cannot get admission into the MBBS course while undeserving children of the rich were getting into it.
The Chief Minister has only being making tall claims about development in Madhya Pradesh when in reality the schemes announced by him have failed to benefit the people, Singh added.
Scindia, who is also the chairman of the Madhya Pradesh Congress poll campaign committee, said that "winds of change" were now visible throughout Madhya Pradesh.
"Most schemes announced by the Chief Minister have failed to deliver the goods and people are disillusioned by the BJP government," he said.
Taking a dig on the power situation in MP, he said that not much electricity was available in Madhya Pradesh despite the `Atal Jyoti Abhiyan`. "It (scheme) should be renamed as `Atak Jyoti Abhiyan`." Union Minister Kamalnath said that the industrial scene in the state was very bad as no fresh investments were coming into Madhya Pradesh.
Kamalnath claimed that the number of industries which had closed down during the BJP rule was much more than the number of industries that were opened during its regime.
"It was now for the youth to come forward and ensure that the BJP does not come to power the next Assembly polls," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP