Students fall sick in MP after having mid-day meal
Tikamgarh: Thirty students of a school here fell ill on Wednesday after eating the mid-day meal, a senior official said.
The students of the Government Middle School in Nutan Vihar colony were served a vegetable curry made of potato and rotis in the afternoon and after eating them they complained of uneasiness, vomiting and loose motion, Cluster Principal C L Ahirwar said.
Teachers stopped other students from eating and took the sick students to the district hospital. Nine were discharged after primary treatment while the rest were admitted.
Their condition is reported to be stable, he said.
Ahirwar said he had complained against the agency supplying mid-day meals a number of times, but no action was taken by the concerned officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples