Students fall sick in MP after having mid-day meal
Tikamgarh: Thirty students of a school here fell ill on Wednesday after eating the mid-day meal, a senior official said.
The students of the Government Middle School in Nutan Vihar colony were served a vegetable curry made of potato and rotis in the afternoon and after eating them they complained of uneasiness, vomiting and loose motion, Cluster Principal C L Ahirwar said.
Teachers stopped other students from eating and took the sick students to the district hospital. Nine were discharged after primary treatment while the rest were admitted.
Their condition is reported to be stable, he said.
Ahirwar said he had complained against the agency supplying mid-day meals a number of times, but no action was taken by the concerned officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway