Students fall sick in MP after having mid-day meal
Tikamgarh: Thirty students of a school here fell ill on Wednesday after eating the mid-day meal, a senior official said.
The students of the Government Middle School in Nutan Vihar colony were served a vegetable curry made of potato and rotis in the afternoon and after eating them they complained of uneasiness, vomiting and loose motion, Cluster Principal C L Ahirwar said.
Teachers stopped other students from eating and took the sick students to the district hospital. Nine were discharged after primary treatment while the rest were admitted.
Their condition is reported to be stable, he said.
Ahirwar said he had complained against the agency supplying mid-day meals a number of times, but no action was taken by the concerned officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest