Students fall sick in MP after having mid-day meal
Tikamgarh: Thirty students of a school here fell ill on Wednesday after eating the mid-day meal, a senior official said.
The students of the Government Middle School in Nutan Vihar colony were served a vegetable curry made of potato and rotis in the afternoon and after eating them they complained of uneasiness, vomiting and loose motion, Cluster Principal C L Ahirwar said.
Teachers stopped other students from eating and took the sick students to the district hospital. Nine were discharged after primary treatment while the rest were admitted.
Their condition is reported to be stable, he said.
Ahirwar said he had complained against the agency supplying mid-day meals a number of times, but no action was taken by the concerned officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- IPL 2016: Superman AB de Villiers does it again, takes RCB into final with incredible 79-run knock vs GL
- Mbose.in & Megresults.nic.in MBOSE Tura Class 12th HSSLC Arts Results 2016 Meghalaya Board announced
- Mbose.in & Megresults.nic.in SSLC Results 2016: MBOSE Meghalaya Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 declared
- 'I swear my allegiance to Sonia ji, Rahul ji', say West Bengal Congress MLAs on a stamp paper
- Faintest galaxy ever captured by scientists