Students held for using illegal ways to clear Pre-Medical Test
Jabalpur: Eleven students, against whom a case has been registered, were arrested on charge of using illegal practices to gain admission to the Government Medical College here, city police said here.
Police said here today that as shown in the movie `Munnabhai MBBS`, the students had illegally enlisted the "services" of others to appear in their place, in order to clear the Pre-Medical Test (PMT) in 2009.
The police said that a case was registered against them on July 15, 2011, at the Garha police station, after a complaint by professor BK Guha in the case.
Fingerprints, handwriting and photographs of these accused students had confirmed that they had indulged in forgery to enable their hirelings to take the test in their place.
The arrested students are Sanjay Yadav, Praveen Yadav, Ravi Pratap Singh, Manmohan Singh, Ashish Chouhan, Govind Prasad Ahirwar, Madhusudan Bamania, Meghraj Katarkar, Ajay Mandloi, Yashwant Singh Marawi and Pawan Mongia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!