Students held for using illegal ways to clear Pre-Medical Test
Jabalpur: Eleven students, against whom a case has been registered, were arrested on charge of using illegal practices to gain admission to the Government Medical College here, city police said here.
Police said here today that as shown in the movie `Munnabhai MBBS`, the students had illegally enlisted the "services" of others to appear in their place, in order to clear the Pre-Medical Test (PMT) in 2009.
The police said that a case was registered against them on July 15, 2011, at the Garha police station, after a complaint by professor BK Guha in the case.
Fingerprints, handwriting and photographs of these accused students had confirmed that they had indulged in forgery to enable their hirelings to take the test in their place.
The arrested students are Sanjay Yadav, Praveen Yadav, Ravi Pratap Singh, Manmohan Singh, Ashish Chouhan, Govind Prasad Ahirwar, Madhusudan Bamania, Meghraj Katarkar, Ajay Mandloi, Yashwant Singh Marawi and Pawan Mongia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling