Surrogate mother gives birth to twins in Bhopal
Bhopal: Twin baby girls were born to a 35
-year-old surrogate mother, hired by a Non-Resident Indian
(NRI) couple, at a hospital here, doctors said on Tuesday.
The twins were born on May 12 and all three are in
good condition, infertility expert Monica Singh and child
specialist Randhir Singh told reporters here.
The woman, whose name was not disclosed, was to
receive Rs one lakh as compensation by the couple as per an
agreement between them, they said.
But overjoyed at the birth of the twins, the couple,
whose identity was also not disclosed, paid Rs 2 lakh to her,
the doctors said, adding the NRIs also paid for expenses like
food and medicine.
The NRI woman was unable to conceive as her uterus
had been removed. Following this, the couple opted for
surrogate pregnancy, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan