Surrogate mother gives birth to twins in Bhopal
Bhopal: Twin baby girls were born to a 35
-year-old surrogate mother, hired by a Non-Resident Indian
(NRI) couple, at a hospital here, doctors said on Tuesday.
The twins were born on May 12 and all three are in
good condition, infertility expert Monica Singh and child
specialist Randhir Singh told reporters here.
The woman, whose name was not disclosed, was to
receive Rs one lakh as compensation by the couple as per an
agreement between them, they said.
But overjoyed at the birth of the twins, the couple,
whose identity was also not disclosed, paid Rs 2 lakh to her,
the doctors said, adding the NRIs also paid for expenses like
food and medicine.
The NRI woman was unable to conceive as her uterus
had been removed. Following this, the couple opted for
surrogate pregnancy, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming