Sushma adopting double standards on crimes against women: Congress
Bhopal: All India Mahila Congress president Shobha Ojha on Wednesday accused Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj of adopting "double standards" on sexual crimes against women in the country.
"There is a substantial rise of 38 per cent since June last year in gang-rape incidents in Madhya Pradesh, but Sushma is silent on them," alleged Ojha.
She said Swaraj often raises a hue and cry when a crime against women takes place in non-BJP states but keeps mum when it occurs in a BJP-ruled
Ojha, who arrived in the state capital for the first time after assuming the charge of AIMC president, also slammed Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for reinstating Cabinet minister Vijay Shah who had allegedly made "sexist" remarks against Chouhan`s wife.
"For the sake of power, Chouhan chose to become insensitive even to his wife which shows they (politicians) can do anything to remain glued to power," Ojha said.
She alleged that incidents of crime against women in Madhya Pradesh have reached alarming proportions.
On upcoming Assembly elections in the state, Ojha said a request will be made to party leadership to give ticket to at least one woman candidate per district in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested