Sushma adopting double standards on crimes against women: Congress
Bhopal: All India Mahila Congress president Shobha Ojha on Wednesday accused Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj of adopting "double standards" on sexual crimes against women in the country.
"There is a substantial rise of 38 per cent since June last year in gang-rape incidents in Madhya Pradesh, but Sushma is silent on them," alleged Ojha.
She said Swaraj often raises a hue and cry when a crime against women takes place in non-BJP states but keeps mum when it occurs in a BJP-ruled
Ojha, who arrived in the state capital for the first time after assuming the charge of AIMC president, also slammed Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for reinstating Cabinet minister Vijay Shah who had allegedly made "sexist" remarks against Chouhan`s wife.
"For the sake of power, Chouhan chose to become insensitive even to his wife which shows they (politicians) can do anything to remain glued to power," Ojha said.
She alleged that incidents of crime against women in Madhya Pradesh have reached alarming proportions.
On upcoming Assembly elections in the state, Ojha said a request will be made to party leadership to give ticket to at least one woman candidate per district in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents