Sushma adopting double standards on crimes against women: Congress
Bhopal: All India Mahila Congress president Shobha Ojha on Wednesday accused Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj of adopting "double standards" on sexual crimes against women in the country.
"There is a substantial rise of 38 per cent since June last year in gang-rape incidents in Madhya Pradesh, but Sushma is silent on them," alleged Ojha.
She said Swaraj often raises a hue and cry when a crime against women takes place in non-BJP states but keeps mum when it occurs in a BJP-ruled
Ojha, who arrived in the state capital for the first time after assuming the charge of AIMC president, also slammed Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for reinstating Cabinet minister Vijay Shah who had allegedly made "sexist" remarks against Chouhan`s wife.
"For the sake of power, Chouhan chose to become insensitive even to his wife which shows they (politicians) can do anything to remain glued to power," Ojha said.
She alleged that incidents of crime against women in Madhya Pradesh have reached alarming proportions.
On upcoming Assembly elections in the state, Ojha said a request will be made to party leadership to give ticket to at least one woman candidate per district in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley
- Afghan govt seeks extension for refugees to stay in Pakistan