Sushma Swaraj could be next deputy PM: MP minister
Bhopal: In a remark which could ruffle some feathers in the BJP ahead of the General Elections, Madhya Pradesh Tourism Minister Surendra Patwa said that Sushma Swaraj could be the future deputy prime minister if voted to power at the Centre.
The Minister said this yesterday at a meeting at Badi in Raisen district, about 100 kms from here, in the presence of the senior BJP leader herself and leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha.
Patwa made similar remarks at an election rally at Obaidullahganj also in Raisen district when Sushma was listening to him amid big cheers.
The minister represents Bhojpur seat in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly and this is part of the Vidisha parliamentary constituency from where Sushma is contesting for the second time in succession since the 2009 LS polls.
Introducing Sushma as the next probable deputy PM to the voters, the Minister said his remarks were only a reflection of the feelings of BJP workers in the constituency, which has elected biggies like Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Patwa is the nephew of former State chief minister Sunderlal Patwa and a close aide of Chouhan.
A few days ago, Punjab Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal at a rally in Amritsar, had suggested that BJP stalwart Arun Jaitley could be the next deputy PM but the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha had downplayed the comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire