Sushma Swaraj could be next deputy PM: MP minister
Bhopal: In a remark which could ruffle some feathers in the BJP ahead of the General Elections, Madhya Pradesh Tourism Minister Surendra Patwa said that Sushma Swaraj could be the future deputy prime minister if voted to power at the Centre.
The Minister said this yesterday at a meeting at Badi in Raisen district, about 100 kms from here, in the presence of the senior BJP leader herself and leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha.
Patwa made similar remarks at an election rally at Obaidullahganj also in Raisen district when Sushma was listening to him amid big cheers.
The minister represents Bhojpur seat in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly and this is part of the Vidisha parliamentary constituency from where Sushma is contesting for the second time in succession since the 2009 LS polls.
Introducing Sushma as the next probable deputy PM to the voters, the Minister said his remarks were only a reflection of the feelings of BJP workers in the constituency, which has elected biggies like Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Patwa is the nephew of former State chief minister Sunderlal Patwa and a close aide of Chouhan.
A few days ago, Punjab Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal at a rally in Amritsar, had suggested that BJP stalwart Arun Jaitley could be the next deputy PM but the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha had downplayed the comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre