Sushma Swaraj proposed Modi`s name as BJP`s PM nominee: Vijaywargia
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Industries Minister Kailash Vijaywargia on Tuesday said the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj had proposed the name of Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 polls.
"Typically, the leader of opposition is viewed as the PM-in-waiting. But I am proud to declare that Sushma Swaraj showed a kind heart typical of a mother and proposed Modi`s name as the party`s prime ministerial nominee," Vijaywargia said even as Sushma shared the stage at BJP Mahila Morcha convention at Mhow.
However, in her speech at the event, Sushma did not react to Vijaywargia`s comments.
When reporters tried to seek her reaction on the minister`s claim, Sushma refused to address the media and left the venue.
Swaraj, believed to be close to LK Advani, had reportedly favoured putting off the announcement of Modi`s name until the Assembly elections in five states are over but later reconciled to the groundswell in favour of the Gujarat chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state