Sushma Swaraj surprised at queries about BJP`s PM
Sehore (MP): Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, said here on Monday that BJP will decide its Prime Ministerial candidate at an appropriate time and expressed surprise over the media`s curiosity on the issue.
"Why is the media concerned about it? We had stated earlier also that the party would take an appropriate decision on the issue when the time comes," Swaraj told reporters when asked about BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate.
On the issue of Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s statement on Hindu terror, she said that he has to resign from his post or else the BJP will disrupt Parliament.
She said that if Shinde did not resign on his own, then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi should ask him to resign from cabinet.
Earlier, Swaraj chaired the District Vigilance and Review Committee meeting and pulled up officials for shortcomings in the implementation of various developmental schemes in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire