Sushma Swaraj surprised at queries about BJP`s PM
Sehore (MP): Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, said here on Monday that BJP will decide its Prime Ministerial candidate at an appropriate time and expressed surprise over the media`s curiosity on the issue.
"Why is the media concerned about it? We had stated earlier also that the party would take an appropriate decision on the issue when the time comes," Swaraj told reporters when asked about BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate.
On the issue of Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s statement on Hindu terror, she said that he has to resign from his post or else the BJP will disrupt Parliament.
She said that if Shinde did not resign on his own, then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi should ask him to resign from cabinet.
Earlier, Swaraj chaired the District Vigilance and Review Committee meeting and pulled up officials for shortcomings in the implementation of various developmental schemes in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere