Sushma Swaraj surprised at queries about BJP`s PM
Sehore (MP): Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, said here on Monday that BJP will decide its Prime Ministerial candidate at an appropriate time and expressed surprise over the media`s curiosity on the issue.
"Why is the media concerned about it? We had stated earlier also that the party would take an appropriate decision on the issue when the time comes," Swaraj told reporters when asked about BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate.
On the issue of Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s statement on Hindu terror, she said that he has to resign from his post or else the BJP will disrupt Parliament.
She said that if Shinde did not resign on his own, then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi should ask him to resign from cabinet.
Earlier, Swaraj chaired the District Vigilance and Review Committee meeting and pulled up officials for shortcomings in the implementation of various developmental schemes in the district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India