Sushma Swaraj surprised at queries about BJP`s PM
Sehore (MP): Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, said here on Monday that BJP will decide its Prime Ministerial candidate at an appropriate time and expressed surprise over the media`s curiosity on the issue.
"Why is the media concerned about it? We had stated earlier also that the party would take an appropriate decision on the issue when the time comes," Swaraj told reporters when asked about BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate.
On the issue of Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s statement on Hindu terror, she said that he has to resign from his post or else the BJP will disrupt Parliament.
She said that if Shinde did not resign on his own, then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi should ask him to resign from cabinet.
Earlier, Swaraj chaired the District Vigilance and Review Committee meeting and pulled up officials for shortcomings in the implementation of various developmental schemes in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof