Suspended IAS couple fail to get relief from court
Jabalpur: Suspended IAS couple, Arvind and Tinoo Joshi, on Thursday failed to get any relief from the Madhya Pradesh High Court over the seizure of their properties that was ordered by the state government.
A division bench of Acting Chief Justice K K Lahoti and Justice M A Siddiqui refused to stay the process of seizure of their properties initiated by the state government.
The Joshi couple had filed a petition challenging the seizure order and also questioned the legality of the Special Court-2011 Act.
However, the bench refused to grant any relief to them.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had given his nod to prosecute them and recommended confiscation of their property in a case of disproportionate assets registered against them.
The government counsel informed the court that the Lokayukta Police raided their residence on December 9, 2010 and found that they had property worth Rs 4.40 crore which was disproportionate to their known sources of income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands