Suspended Madhya Pradesh IAS couple to be dismissed soon
Bhopal: Decks have been cleared for dismissal of tainted Madhya Pradesh IAS couple Arvind and Tinu Joshi, with the Centre accepting the state government`s recommendation to remove them from service, official sources said on Monday.
The Department for Personnel and Training had forwarded to the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) its approval for dismissal of the suspended officers, they said.
According to sources, the order for their dismissal is likely to be issued in a couple of days.
The state government had also sought permission for the prosecution of the couple and communication in this regard is also expected soon, they said.
The Income Tax department had raided the residence of Joshis here in 2011 and unearthed Rs three crore in cash besides documents about properties worth crores.
Earlier this year, a special anti-corruption court had issued notices to the IAS couple and their relatives, for the confiscation of their properties said to be worth Rs 22 crore in total. The couple are facing charges under Prevention of Corruption Act.
Also, following Madhya Pradesh government`s approval, the Lokayukta had filed an application in the special court, seeking consent for confiscation of the couple`s properties on the ground that they were acquired through illegal means and were disproportionate to known sources of their income.
This came after a division bench of acting Chief Justice KK Lahoti and Justice MA Siddiqui from MP High Court had refused to stay the process of seizure of properties initiated by the Lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie