Suspended Madhya Pradesh IAS couple to be dismissed soon
Bhopal: Decks have been cleared for dismissal of tainted Madhya Pradesh IAS couple Arvind and Tinu Joshi, with the Centre accepting the state government`s recommendation to remove them from service, official sources said on Monday.
The Department for Personnel and Training had forwarded to the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) its approval for dismissal of the suspended officers, they said.
According to sources, the order for their dismissal is likely to be issued in a couple of days.
The state government had also sought permission for the prosecution of the couple and communication in this regard is also expected soon, they said.
The Income Tax department had raided the residence of Joshis here in 2011 and unearthed Rs three crore in cash besides documents about properties worth crores.
Earlier this year, a special anti-corruption court had issued notices to the IAS couple and their relatives, for the confiscation of their properties said to be worth Rs 22 crore in total. The couple are facing charges under Prevention of Corruption Act.
Also, following Madhya Pradesh government`s approval, the Lokayukta had filed an application in the special court, seeking consent for confiscation of the couple`s properties on the ground that they were acquired through illegal means and were disproportionate to known sources of their income.
This came after a division bench of acting Chief Justice KK Lahoti and Justice MA Siddiqui from MP High Court had refused to stay the process of seizure of properties initiated by the Lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic