Suspended Madhya Pradesh IAS couple to be dismissed soon
Bhopal: Decks have been cleared for dismissal of tainted Madhya Pradesh IAS couple Arvind and Tinu Joshi, with the Centre accepting the state government`s recommendation to remove them from service, official sources said on Monday.
The Department for Personnel and Training had forwarded to the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) its approval for dismissal of the suspended officers, they said.
According to sources, the order for their dismissal is likely to be issued in a couple of days.
The state government had also sought permission for the prosecution of the couple and communication in this regard is also expected soon, they said.
The Income Tax department had raided the residence of Joshis here in 2011 and unearthed Rs three crore in cash besides documents about properties worth crores.
Earlier this year, a special anti-corruption court had issued notices to the IAS couple and their relatives, for the confiscation of their properties said to be worth Rs 22 crore in total. The couple are facing charges under Prevention of Corruption Act.
Also, following Madhya Pradesh government`s approval, the Lokayukta had filed an application in the special court, seeking consent for confiscation of the couple`s properties on the ground that they were acquired through illegal means and were disproportionate to known sources of their income.
This came after a division bench of acting Chief Justice KK Lahoti and Justice MA Siddiqui from MP High Court had refused to stay the process of seizure of properties initiated by the Lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Have you seen a bad viral ad? Watch now
- Every anti-Sikh riot victim will get justice: Home Minister Rajnath Singh
- Prince's guitar, Bowie's hair fetch USD 150,000 at auction
- Lionel Messi: Interesting facts you must know about the Argentine superstar
- Five things about a woman that annoys her boyfriend