Swine flu claims one life in Bhopal
Bhopal: A 37-year-old man has died of swine flu at a private hospital here, a doctor said Thursday.
Anil Hole, a resident of Saket Nagar was admitted to a hospital on March 25 with severe cold and lung congestion. When his condition deteriorated, he was moved to another hospital.
"He was diagnosed with pneumonia in his lungs, suspecting swine flu. His blood sample was sent to Jabalpur. The patient died on Wednesday afternoon," said P.N. Agrawal of the Agrawal Nursing Home in Arera Colony.
He said Hole had not travelled anywhere outside Bhopal. No member of his family was suffering from swine flu.
The test report confirmed that Hole was suffering from swine flu.
"We had sent 12 samples and one was found positive," Bhopal chief medical and health officer Pankaj Shukla told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert