Swine flu death toll climbs to 66 in Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: With one more person succumbing to swine flu, the death toll due to the disease has risen to 66 in Madhya Pradesh, officials said on Wednesday.
Ramchandra (55) from Ratlam district succumbed to viral disease at the M Y Hospital in Indore on Monday, they said.
Bhopal has recorded 29 deaths since August while Indore (22), Jabalpur (10) Gwalior (3) and Harda (1) after the viral infection resurfaced in the state during monsoon.
About 80 people are undergoing treatment for symptoms of HINI and the condition of 15 is stated to be critical.
Five more persons tested positive for the influenza virus yesterday. With this, the number of HINI cases in the state has gone up to 266 so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble