Swine flu toll rises to 8 in MP with one more deat
Bhopal: With swine flu claiming one more life, eight people have so far succumbed to it in Madhya Pradesh, including four in the state capital, health officials said on Sunday.
A woman, Gayatri Bai from Bina district, had tested positive for swine flu at the Regional Medical Research Centre in Jabalpur on September 13, state Chief Medical and Health officer Pankaj Shukla said today.
While she was undergoing treatment for high fever and breathlessness for the last one week at a private hospital, after the test report the doctors immediately started giving her Tamiflu, but she died yesterday, Shukla said.
With this, a total of eight deaths have been recorded in the state, including four from Bhopal alone, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!