Swine flu toll rises to 8 in MP with one more deat
Bhopal: With swine flu claiming one more life, eight people have so far succumbed to it in Madhya Pradesh, including four in the state capital, health officials said on Sunday.
A woman, Gayatri Bai from Bina district, had tested positive for swine flu at the Regional Medical Research Centre in Jabalpur on September 13, state Chief Medical and Health officer Pankaj Shukla said today.
While she was undergoing treatment for high fever and breathlessness for the last one week at a private hospital, after the test report the doctors immediately started giving her Tamiflu, but she died yesterday, Shukla said.
With this, a total of eight deaths have been recorded in the state, including four from Bhopal alone, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill