Swine flu toll rises to 8 in MP with one more deat
Bhopal: With swine flu claiming one more life, eight people have so far succumbed to it in Madhya Pradesh, including four in the state capital, health officials said on Sunday.
A woman, Gayatri Bai from Bina district, had tested positive for swine flu at the Regional Medical Research Centre in Jabalpur on September 13, state Chief Medical and Health officer Pankaj Shukla said today.
While she was undergoing treatment for high fever and breathlessness for the last one week at a private hospital, after the test report the doctors immediately started giving her Tamiflu, but she died yesterday, Shukla said.
With this, a total of eight deaths have been recorded in the state, including four from Bhopal alone, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list