Swiss rape case: Six accused remanded in police custody
Datia (Madhya Pradesh): The six accused arrested in connection with gang-rape of a Swiss woman were on Monday remanded in police custody for a day by a local court.
The accused were produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate R P Yadav, Deputy Inspector General D K Arya told PTI.
The police are now waiting for the woman and her husband to return from New Delhi so that they can identify the accused and their own looted belongings.
Police have recovered a 12-bore gun from the accused; apart from the things they had looted from the couple: laptop, laptop-charger, mobile phone and Rs 5,500 cash.
All the accused are in the age group of 19-25 years, police said. They were identified as Baba, Bhutha, Rampro, Gaza alias Brajesh, Vishnu Kanjar and Nitin Kanjar.
The 39-year-old Swiss woman, on a cycling trip with her husband, was allegedly gang-raped by the accused at a forested area at Jhadia village, 8 km from Datia town, on the night of March 15. The couple were touring the region on bicycle as a part of their India tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan
- Will expedite trial in Sheena case: Judge