Swiss rape case: Six accused remanded in police custody
Datia (Madhya Pradesh): The six accused arrested in connection with gang-rape of a Swiss woman were on Monday remanded in police custody for a day by a local court.
The accused were produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate R P Yadav, Deputy Inspector General D K Arya told PTI.
The police are now waiting for the woman and her husband to return from New Delhi so that they can identify the accused and their own looted belongings.
Police have recovered a 12-bore gun from the accused; apart from the things they had looted from the couple: laptop, laptop-charger, mobile phone and Rs 5,500 cash.
All the accused are in the age group of 19-25 years, police said. They were identified as Baba, Bhutha, Rampro, Gaza alias Brajesh, Vishnu Kanjar and Nitin Kanjar.
The 39-year-old Swiss woman, on a cycling trip with her husband, was allegedly gang-raped by the accused at a forested area at Jhadia village, 8 km from Datia town, on the night of March 15. The couple were touring the region on bicycle as a part of their India tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narendra Modi govt celebrates 2nd anniversary; Amitabh Bachchan urges to educate, give equality to girl child
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nuke programme made Pakistan's defence impregnable: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army now confirms Hizbul Mujahideen militant Tariq Pandit held
- Kepler 62f: An exoplanet 1200 light years away may be habitable!