Swiss woman gang-rape: Gun recovered from accused
Datia: A 12-bore gun was seized from the six accused, arrested in the Swiss woman`s gang-rape case, police said on Monday.
The accused would be produced in the court later in the day.
Last night police produced five of them before the media-persons, and also displayed a laptop, laptop-charger, mobile phone and Rs 5,500 cash, looted by the accused from the Swiss woman and her husband.
Police have also recovered a 12-bore gun from their possession. The sixth accused was nabbed later and now police will seek their remand from the court.
All of them are in the age group of 19-25.
The Swiss couple, after their return here from Delhi, would be asked to identify the accused, police added.
The arrested men were identified as Baba, Bhutha, Rampro, Gaza alias Brajesh, Vishnu Kanjar and Nitin Kanjar.
The Swiss couple -- on India tour -- was cycling through Datia district, when the 39-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by seven to eight men at a forested area at Jhadia village, eight km from Datia town, on the night of March 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack