Swiss woman gang-rape: Gun recovered from accused
Datia: A 12-bore gun was seized from the six accused, arrested in the Swiss woman`s gang-rape case, police said on Monday.
The accused would be produced in the court later in the day.
Last night police produced five of them before the media-persons, and also displayed a laptop, laptop-charger, mobile phone and Rs 5,500 cash, looted by the accused from the Swiss woman and her husband.
Police have also recovered a 12-bore gun from their possession. The sixth accused was nabbed later and now police will seek their remand from the court.
All of them are in the age group of 19-25.
The Swiss couple, after their return here from Delhi, would be asked to identify the accused, police added.
The arrested men were identified as Baba, Bhutha, Rampro, Gaza alias Brajesh, Vishnu Kanjar and Nitin Kanjar.
The Swiss couple -- on India tour -- was cycling through Datia district, when the 39-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by seven to eight men at a forested area at Jhadia village, eight km from Datia town, on the night of March 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi