Swiss woman gang-rape: Gun recovered from accused
Datia: A 12-bore gun was seized from the six accused, arrested in the Swiss woman`s gang-rape case, police said on Monday.
The accused would be produced in the court later in the day.
Last night police produced five of them before the media-persons, and also displayed a laptop, laptop-charger, mobile phone and Rs 5,500 cash, looted by the accused from the Swiss woman and her husband.
Police have also recovered a 12-bore gun from their possession. The sixth accused was nabbed later and now police will seek their remand from the court.
All of them are in the age group of 19-25.
The Swiss couple, after their return here from Delhi, would be asked to identify the accused, police added.
The arrested men were identified as Baba, Bhutha, Rampro, Gaza alias Brajesh, Vishnu Kanjar and Nitin Kanjar.
The Swiss couple -- on India tour -- was cycling through Datia district, when the 39-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by seven to eight men at a forested area at Jhadia village, eight km from Datia town, on the night of March 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire