Swiss woman gang-rape: `MP Home Min must quit`
Bhopal: In the wake of the Swiss national`s gang-rape in Datia district, a delegation of the Madhya Pradesh Congress Legislature Party (CLP) Tuesday submitted a memorandum to Governor Ram Naresh Yadav demanding dismissal of the state Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta.
"The recent gang-rape of a Swiss national in Datia district and the increasing incidents of rape and crime in Madhya Pradesh show that Gupta has miserably failed in controlling the law and order situation," the memorandum said.
The Datia incident has given a bad name to the state at the international level, it mentioned.
The delegation included Leader of Opposition in state Assembly Ajay Singh, Deputy Leader of the CLP Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, the Chief Whip NP Prajapati and other MLAs.
The Congress leaders also submitted a separate memorandum to the Governor demanding that a survey be conducted to find out those farmers who were severely hit by the recent hailstorm and frost in the state.
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- DNA: Analysis of Bhagat Singh being called a revolutionary terrorist in DU books
- DNA: Big media house's back door deals with scandal and scam kingpins
- DNA: Why USA's private space companies are afraid of India
- Sooner the verdict, the better for state: Harish Rawat
- Miltant takes refuge in mosque in Kupwara
- Islamic State militants hurl 'gay' man to his death in Syria
- Soon, enjoy the sinful taste of low-fat chocolate that will melt in your mouth!
- In talks with Indian officials on Modi's US visit: White House