Swiss woman gang-rape: `MP Home Min must quit`
Bhopal: In the wake of the Swiss national`s gang-rape in Datia district, a delegation of the Madhya Pradesh Congress Legislature Party (CLP) Tuesday submitted a memorandum to Governor Ram Naresh Yadav demanding dismissal of the state Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta.
"The recent gang-rape of a Swiss national in Datia district and the increasing incidents of rape and crime in Madhya Pradesh show that Gupta has miserably failed in controlling the law and order situation," the memorandum said.
The Datia incident has given a bad name to the state at the international level, it mentioned.
The delegation included Leader of Opposition in state Assembly Ajay Singh, Deputy Leader of the CLP Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, the Chief Whip NP Prajapati and other MLAs.
The Congress leaders also submitted a separate memorandum to the Governor demanding that a survey be conducted to find out those farmers who were severely hit by the recent hailstorm and frost in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan