Swiss woman gang-rape: `MP Home Min must quit`
Bhopal: In the wake of the Swiss national`s gang-rape in Datia district, a delegation of the Madhya Pradesh Congress Legislature Party (CLP) Tuesday submitted a memorandum to Governor Ram Naresh Yadav demanding dismissal of the state Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta.
"The recent gang-rape of a Swiss national in Datia district and the increasing incidents of rape and crime in Madhya Pradesh show that Gupta has miserably failed in controlling the law and order situation," the memorandum said.
The Datia incident has given a bad name to the state at the international level, it mentioned.
The delegation included Leader of Opposition in state Assembly Ajay Singh, Deputy Leader of the CLP Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, the Chief Whip NP Prajapati and other MLAs.
The Congress leaders also submitted a separate memorandum to the Governor demanding that a survey be conducted to find out those farmers who were severely hit by the recent hailstorm and frost in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him