Swiss woman gang-rape: `MP Home Min must quit`
Bhopal: In the wake of the Swiss national`s gang-rape in Datia district, a delegation of the Madhya Pradesh Congress Legislature Party (CLP) Tuesday submitted a memorandum to Governor Ram Naresh Yadav demanding dismissal of the state Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta.
"The recent gang-rape of a Swiss national in Datia district and the increasing incidents of rape and crime in Madhya Pradesh show that Gupta has miserably failed in controlling the law and order situation," the memorandum said.
The Datia incident has given a bad name to the state at the international level, it mentioned.
The delegation included Leader of Opposition in state Assembly Ajay Singh, Deputy Leader of the CLP Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, the Chief Whip NP Prajapati and other MLAs.
The Congress leaders also submitted a separate memorandum to the Governor demanding that a survey be conducted to find out those farmers who were severely hit by the recent hailstorm and frost in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video