Swiss woman`s gang-rape: MP Congress stages protests
Bhopal: Congressmen all over Madhya Pradesh staged demonstrations at various district headquarters in the state Monday protesting against the gang-rape of a Swiss national in Datia district on March 15.
The two-hour demonstrations were peaceful and marked by presentation of memorandum demanding the resignation of Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta for his failure to prevent the incident.
State Congress President Kantilal Bhuria led a protest in front of the board office in the state capital where he was joined by State Congress Media Department chairman Manak Agrawal and other leaders.
State assembly opposition leader Ajay Singh led a demonstration at Datia, where he demanded a CBI probe into the gang-rape of the Swiss woman.
Ajay said it was shameful on the home minister`s part to say that the rape occurred due to the Swiss national`s fault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah