Tainted IAS couple files replies to confiscation notice
Bhopal: Suspended IAS husband-wife Arvind Joshi and Tinu Joshi on Saturday filed replies to the notice regarding confiscation of their properties -- said to be worth Rs 22 crore in total -- before a special anti-corruption court here.
The court had issued notices to the IAS couple and their relatives. The couple are facing charges under Prevention of Corruption Act.
Following Madhya Pradesh government`s approval, the Lokayukta has filed an application in the special court, seeking consent for confiscation of the couple`s properties on the ground that they were acquired through illegal means and were disproportionate to known sources of their income.
Last month, a division bench of acting Chief Justice K K Lahoti and Justice M A Siddiqui had refused to stay the processs of seizure of properties initiated by the Lokayukta.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way