Tainted IAS couple terminated from service
Bhopal: Graft-tainted Madhya Pradesh IAS couple Arvind Joshi and Tinu Joshi have been terminated from service, officials said on Tuesday.
The couple were already under suspension since February 2010, after an income-tax raid on their house, which led to detection of wealth in excess of Rs 350 crore and recovery of Rs three crore in cash.
The Joshis are facing cases for disproportionate assets under the Prevention of Corruption Act and Indian Penal Code as their wealth was highly disproportionate to their known sources of income.
The termination order was served at their house and handed over to Tinu Joshi yesterday.
The couple now have two options -- they may make a representation to the President of India or go to the court against their termination order.
The order came after the Madhya Pradesh Government sent a proposal to the Union Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions for the couple`s dismissal.
The Union Government accepted the state government proposal and finally terminated the couple from services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?