Tainted IAS couple terminated from service
Bhopal: Graft-tainted Madhya Pradesh IAS couple Arvind Joshi and Tinu Joshi have been terminated from service, officials said on Tuesday.
The couple were already under suspension since February 2010, after an income-tax raid on their house, which led to detection of wealth in excess of Rs 350 crore and recovery of Rs three crore in cash.
The Joshis are facing cases for disproportionate assets under the Prevention of Corruption Act and Indian Penal Code as their wealth was highly disproportionate to their known sources of income.
The termination order was served at their house and handed over to Tinu Joshi yesterday.
The couple now have two options -- they may make a representation to the President of India or go to the court against their termination order.
The order came after the Madhya Pradesh Government sent a proposal to the Union Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions for the couple`s dismissal.
The Union Government accepted the state government proposal and finally terminated the couple from services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar