Take steps for safety of MP`s pilgrims in Uttarakhand: Congress
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Tuesday asked Madhya Pradesh government to take initiatives to bring back pilgrims from the state stranded in rain-ravaged Uttarakhand.
In a statement here, Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh said Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should made special arrangements to ensure that pilgrims from MP, who had gone to the hill state and got stuck there due to heavy rains and landlines, are brought back safely.
Relatives of these pilgrims are a worried lot and they are spending anxious moments for the last three days but no initiative had been taken by the Government to address their concerns, the Congress leader maintained.
Singh demanded that Chouhan take urgent steps to ensure affected persons gets relief at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof