Take steps for safety of MP`s pilgrims in Uttarakhand: Congress
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Tuesday asked Madhya Pradesh government to take initiatives to bring back pilgrims from the state stranded in rain-ravaged Uttarakhand.
In a statement here, Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh said Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should made special arrangements to ensure that pilgrims from MP, who had gone to the hill state and got stuck there due to heavy rains and landlines, are brought back safely.
Relatives of these pilgrims are a worried lot and they are spending anxious moments for the last three days but no initiative had been taken by the Government to address their concerns, the Congress leader maintained.
Singh demanded that Chouhan take urgent steps to ensure affected persons gets relief at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?