Tax official death case: Former DySP, 3 constables get jail
Bhopal: A former deputy superintendent of police (Lokayutka) and three constables were on Friday sentenced to three years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court in connection with the death of a commercial tax commissioner in 2004.
Besides the jail term, a fine of Rs 6000 was slapped on Dy SP Mohkam Singh and the constables.
In her 60-page judgement, district and sessions judge Sushma Khosla said the four accused were found guilty based on the statements of the witnesses as well as documents during the hearing.
According to the case details, police had arrested Rishabh Kumar Jain after he was caught taking a bribe of Rs 2,000 from a tax consultant.
He was taken to Lokayukta police office, but was later found unconscious in the bathroom there on July 14, 2004 and he died during treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends