Teenage girl gang-raped in MP
Raisen: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by four youths at Mahadevpani near Sehatganj in the district, police said on Saturday.
The teenager hailed from Bhopal and had come to the area along with friend on Thursday evening, they said.
The unidentified accused waylaid the duo and tied the victim`s friend to a tree before taking turns to rape her on Thursday, police said.
Later, the girl untied her friend and the duo returned to Bhopal.
A complaint was lodged with police yesterday by her parents. Bhopal police transferred the case to their counterparts in Raisen since the incident occurred in their jurisdiction.
A case of gangrape was registered against the four unidentified persons and a hunt is on to trace them.
The girl, a Class XI student, had befriended the boy through a social networking site and the duo apparently decided to visit the famous picnic spot on Thursday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh