Teenager burnt by jilted lover in MP; succumbs
Ashoknagar (MP): A 17-year-old girl was allegedly set on fire by a jilted lover after she rejected his marriage proposal, police said on Tuesday.
The minor girl was allegedly burnt by Ashu Ahirwar (19) yesterday in Chanderi town when she refused to marry him.
She suffered 95 per cent burns and was admitted in the district hospital for treatment where she died last night, police said.
A case under section 302 of the IPC (relating to murder) has been registered against Ahirwar, who is yet to be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run
- UPSC issues e-admit cards for NDA, NA exams 2016
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk