Teenager burnt by jilted lover in MP; succumbs
Ashoknagar (MP): A 17-year-old girl was allegedly set on fire by a jilted lover after she rejected his marriage proposal, police said on Tuesday.
The minor girl was allegedly burnt by Ashu Ahirwar (19) yesterday in Chanderi town when she refused to marry him.
She suffered 95 per cent burns and was admitted in the district hospital for treatment where she died last night, police said.
A case under section 302 of the IPC (relating to murder) has been registered against Ahirwar, who is yet to be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog