Teenager burnt by jilted lover in MP; succumbs
Ashoknagar (MP): A 17-year-old girl was allegedly set on fire by a jilted lover after she rejected his marriage proposal, police said on Tuesday.
The minor girl was allegedly burnt by Ashu Ahirwar (19) yesterday in Chanderi town when she refused to marry him.
She suffered 95 per cent burns and was admitted in the district hospital for treatment where she died last night, police said.
A case under section 302 of the IPC (relating to murder) has been registered against Ahirwar, who is yet to be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal
- Euro 2016: Germany cruise into last eight with 3-0 Slovakia win
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon