Teenager burnt by jilted lover in MP; succumbs
Ashoknagar (MP): A 17-year-old girl was allegedly set on fire by a jilted lover after she rejected his marriage proposal, police said on Tuesday.
The minor girl was allegedly burnt by Ashu Ahirwar (19) yesterday in Chanderi town when she refused to marry him.
She suffered 95 per cent burns and was admitted in the district hospital for treatment where she died last night, police said.
A case under section 302 of the IPC (relating to murder) has been registered against Ahirwar, who is yet to be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step