Teenager burnt by jilted lover in MP; succumbs
Ashoknagar (MP): A 17-year-old girl was allegedly set on fire by a jilted lover after she rejected his marriage proposal, police said on Tuesday.
The minor girl was allegedly burnt by Ashu Ahirwar (19) yesterday in Chanderi town when she refused to marry him.
She suffered 95 per cent burns and was admitted in the district hospital for treatment where she died last night, police said.
A case under section 302 of the IPC (relating to murder) has been registered against Ahirwar, who is yet to be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Man held with three bullets in Delhi Metro
- Pokemon Go now influencing baby names in US!
- Rahul Gandhi attacks PM Modi over price rise, says people are now chanting 'Arhar Modi' not 'Har Har Modi'
- Vasundhara Raje's helicopter makes emergency landing
- Turkey dismisses 88 foreign ministry staff: Foreign minister