Tension grips MP town after RSS worker`s murder
Mhow: Tension gripped Pithampur industrial area near Indore after the alleged murder of a RSS worker, following a dispute between children over playing cricket, police said on Friday.
The RSS worker, identified as Prashant Sharma, had gone to the cricket ground in Vishwas Nagar area last evening to pacify a group of children who had a fight over some issue while playing, Kishanganj police station in-charge, Ramesh Chandra Bhaskare told reporters here.
While Sharma was mediating in the issue, a miscreant, identified as Sohail Khan, having a criminal record, along with his six associates reached the spot and attacked him (Sharma) with a rod and sharp edged weapons causing grievous injuries, he said.
Sharma was rushed to Mhow Civil Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, Bhaskare said.
A large number of RSS activists also gathered at the hospital and later allegedly ransacked the accused`s shop and set it ablaze along with other houses, he said.
Soon, heavy police force from adjoining areas was deployed in the tense area and police had to open fire to control the situation , he said.
An RSS activist, Jagdish Vyas, suffered bullet injuries, he said, adding that it is yet to be ascertained how he got hurt.
Vyas was admitted to the hospital.
A local BJP leader and a state intelligence officer were also injured when the angry mob pelted one another with stones, Bhaskare said.
The situation in the area was tense but under control, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!