Tension in MP town following communal clash
Rajgarh (MP): Tension gripped the town of
Khilchipur, about 20 km from here, following a dispute
between two communities on Tuesday.
The incident occurred when a person belonging to a
particular community tore off a poster, resulting in a clash
with another community, police said.
The mob set a few shops afire.
District administration immediately took precautionary
measures and imposed section 144 in the town and deployed
Rajgarh Collector M B Ojha and Superintendent of Police
K B Sharma have reached the town.
The situation is still tense but under control, police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!