Tension in MP town following communal clash
Rajgarh (MP): Tension gripped the town of
Khilchipur, about 20 km from here, following a dispute
between two communities on Tuesday.
The incident occurred when a person belonging to a
particular community tore off a poster, resulting in a clash
with another community, police said.
The mob set a few shops afire.
District administration immediately took precautionary
measures and imposed section 144 in the town and deployed
Rajgarh Collector M B Ojha and Superintendent of Police
K B Sharma have reached the town.
The situation is still tense but under control, police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP