Terrorist Afzal Guru`s effigy burnt in MP
Indore: Protesting against the delay in hanging Afzal Guru, the mastermind of the 2001 Parliament attack, the BJP youth wing on Tuesday burnt an effigy of the terrorist here.
Workers of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM)
also observed this day as the `kalank divas`.
Wearing Gandhi caps, hundreds of BJYM workers gathered
at the Chavani Chauraha here shouting slogans against the
Union Government and demanding that Guru be hanged without any
further delay, police said.
BJYM state president Jitu Jirati and district BJP
office-bearers Shankar Lalwani, Manoj Mishra, Kamal Vaghela
and Ramdas Garg participated in the protests.
It was ten years ago on this day, the terrorists had
made an unsuccessful attempt to storm the Parliament complex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra