Thousands join Judeo`s funeral procession
Raigarh: Thousands of people on Friday joined the funeral procession for former union minister and BJP MP Dilip Singh Judeo in Jashpur town of Chhattisgarh.
Judeo died at a Gurgaon hospital on August 14.
The procession began from Judeo`s residence `Aaraam` and ended on the bank of Banki river on the outskirts of the town, a district headquarters.
Majority of the participants belonged to tribal communities.
Judeo`s younger son Yudhvir Singh and adopted son Pradeep Singh (who belongs to Pahadi Korva tribe) performed the last rites.
Governor Shekhar Dutt, Chief Minister Raman Singh, state ministers, MLAs and senior BJP leaders were present.
BJP president Rajnath Singh, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan too paid tributes to the late leader at his residence.
Judeo belonged to the erstwhile royal family of Jashpur, The 64-year MP from Bilaspur constituency died at Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon, where he was being treated for liver and kidney infections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah