Thousands of farmers protest outside MP CM’s home
Bhopal: Thousands of farmers on Monday protested outside Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s residence to denounce his "government`s indifference" and to demand better value for their crops.
Under the banner of Bharti Kisaan Sangh, the farmers arrived in Bhopal in numerous tractors and blocked all the roads leading to the chief minister`s house.
The farmers want better value for their crops and better electricity supply in rural areas.
"Till our demands are not fulfilled, the demonstration will continue," thundered farm leader Akhilesh Patel.
"Shivraj Singh claims that he is a farmer but he has remained indifferent to our issues," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender