Thousands of farmers protest outside MP CM’s home
Bhopal: Thousands of farmers on Monday protested outside Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s residence to denounce his "government`s indifference" and to demand better value for their crops.
Under the banner of Bharti Kisaan Sangh, the farmers arrived in Bhopal in numerous tractors and blocked all the roads leading to the chief minister`s house.
The farmers want better value for their crops and better electricity supply in rural areas.
"Till our demands are not fulfilled, the demonstration will continue," thundered farm leader Akhilesh Patel.
"Shivraj Singh claims that he is a farmer but he has remained indifferent to our issues," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'