Thousands of farmers protest outside MP CM’s home
Bhopal: Thousands of farmers on Monday protested outside Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s residence to denounce his "government`s indifference" and to demand better value for their crops.
Under the banner of Bharti Kisaan Sangh, the farmers arrived in Bhopal in numerous tractors and blocked all the roads leading to the chief minister`s house.
The farmers want better value for their crops and better electricity supply in rural areas.
"Till our demands are not fulfilled, the demonstration will continue," thundered farm leader Akhilesh Patel.
"Shivraj Singh claims that he is a farmer but he has remained indifferent to our issues," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened