Thousands of farmers protest outside MP CM’s home
Bhopal: Thousands of farmers on Monday protested outside Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s residence to denounce his "government`s indifference" and to demand better value for their crops.
Under the banner of Bharti Kisaan Sangh, the farmers arrived in Bhopal in numerous tractors and blocked all the roads leading to the chief minister`s house.
The farmers want better value for their crops and better electricity supply in rural areas.
"Till our demands are not fulfilled, the demonstration will continue," thundered farm leader Akhilesh Patel.
"Shivraj Singh claims that he is a farmer but he has remained indifferent to our issues," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!