Three cases of gang-rape reported from Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: Two women and a minor girl were allegedly gang-raped in Bhind, Shajapur and Vidisha districts of the state respectively, the police said on Friday.
The first incident of gang-rape was reported from Banjare Ka Pura village in Bhind district where a tribal widow was allegedly raped by two people yesterday after she filed a complaint at Gohad Chouraha police station that local villagers had abused her and pelted stones at her house, police said.
As she returned to her house, two people identified as Ramdas and Diwan Singh forcibly took her to a stone quarry, where they raped her and later escaped, the police said.
A case of gang-rape has been registered against the duo and a search is on to nab them.
In a second incident, in Shujalpur town of Shajapur district a 36-year-old married woman, who arrived in the town from Bhopal was allegedly gang-raped by two youths last night, police said.
The victim arrived in the town from a place near Shujalpur, when two youth identified as Prashant Khurana and Rambharose Jat took her to the nearby fields and allegedly raped her, the police said.
She managed to escape and reported the matter to the police after which both Khurana and Jat were arrested. Further investigations are on, they said.
In the third gang-rape incident which was reported from Vidisha district last night, two youth, identified as Akash Tiwari and Nilesh, who are both 19-years-old, lured a 15-year-old girl to their house, offered her a cold drink laced with sedatives, gang-raped her and also shot a cellular phone video, the police said.
Later, she reported the matter to the police after which her medical examination confirmed rape.
Both the accused youth have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000