Three cases of gang-rape reported from Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: Two women and a minor girl were allegedly gang-raped in Bhind, Shajapur and Vidisha districts of the state respectively, the police said on Friday.
The first incident of gang-rape was reported from Banjare Ka Pura village in Bhind district where a tribal widow was allegedly raped by two people yesterday after she filed a complaint at Gohad Chouraha police station that local villagers had abused her and pelted stones at her house, police said.
As she returned to her house, two people identified as Ramdas and Diwan Singh forcibly took her to a stone quarry, where they raped her and later escaped, the police said.
A case of gang-rape has been registered against the duo and a search is on to nab them.
In a second incident, in Shujalpur town of Shajapur district a 36-year-old married woman, who arrived in the town from Bhopal was allegedly gang-raped by two youths last night, police said.
The victim arrived in the town from a place near Shujalpur, when two youth identified as Prashant Khurana and Rambharose Jat took her to the nearby fields and allegedly raped her, the police said.
She managed to escape and reported the matter to the police after which both Khurana and Jat were arrested. Further investigations are on, they said.
In the third gang-rape incident which was reported from Vidisha district last night, two youth, identified as Akash Tiwari and Nilesh, who are both 19-years-old, lured a 15-year-old girl to their house, offered her a cold drink laced with sedatives, gang-raped her and also shot a cellular phone video, the police said.
Later, she reported the matter to the police after which her medical examination confirmed rape.
Both the accused youth have been arrested.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India