Three college students drown in Upper lake
Bhopal: Three college students drowned in the Upper Lake here while out on a picnic, police here said.
A group of five students, pursuing B.Com third semester at Bhopal School of Social Science, went to enjoy picnic at Sheetal Ki Baghia spot in the lake and ventured into the water yesterday, police said.
However, Manish Joshi (19) misjudged the depth of the water and cried for help as he lost balance. On hearing the screams, his friends Abhimanyu Singh (19) and Ritesh Mehral (21) tried to save him but the trio met with the watery grave, police said.
Their other two friends alerted the nearby people about the incident.
Later, divers fished out bodies from the lake, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?