Three die after inhaling poisonous gas in MP
Shajapur: Three persons died on Thursday after inhaling toxic fumes emanating from a well at Akya Umarpur village, about 65 km from here.
The incident took place when people in the vicinity of the well went inside it to check out the defective diesel engine fitted inside, police said.
However, two of them died of asphyxiation due to poisonous gas inside the well itself, while the third victim died on way to hospital, police said.
The victims have been identified as Govardan Singh, Bali Singh and Shankar singh.
According to police, two more persons who also entered the well are in a "serious" condition and a team will be coming from Indore to investigate the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!