Three held for beating journalist
Betul (MP): Three persons, who allegedly assaulted a journalist and left him unconscious, were arrested by the police late on Thursday night.
Betul`s Superintendent of Police (SP) Lalit Shakyawar confirmed the arrest.
Gyandev Lokhande became unconscious after the assault, after which a case under Section 307 of the Indian Penal Code was registered against those involved.
The accused beat up Lokhande yesterday while he clicked photographs of a meeting chaired by Yashomati Thakur, the Congress MLA from Tiwsa in Maharashtra, to shortlist a panel of candidates for polls due later this year, from five assembly seats in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border