Three members of a family electrocuted in a village
Sagar: Three members of a family including two women and a girl were electrocuted in Barkhera Jagan village under Rehli police station area, police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday after 68-year-old Siyarani(68) stepped out of her house to throw away garbage when she came in contact with a fence through which electricity was flowing, Rehli police station in-charge told reporters.
As she cried for help, her daughter-in-law Imarti Bai (40) and granddaughter Anjana (13) rushed to her and they too got trapped and electrocuted.
Only her grandson somehow escaped with minor injuries, police said.
How electricity flowed into the fence is not yet known, police said, adding that senior officials reached the spot soon after being informed about the incident and provided immediate relief of Rs 2,000 to each family member of the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video
- Power Series Conclave on 'Make in India' organised by The Dollar Business on Aug 24
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze