Three members of a family electrocuted in a village
Sagar: Three members of a family including two women and a girl were electrocuted in Barkhera Jagan village under Rehli police station area, police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday after 68-year-old Siyarani(68) stepped out of her house to throw away garbage when she came in contact with a fence through which electricity was flowing, Rehli police station in-charge told reporters.
As she cried for help, her daughter-in-law Imarti Bai (40) and granddaughter Anjana (13) rushed to her and they too got trapped and electrocuted.
Only her grandson somehow escaped with minor injuries, police said.
How electricity flowed into the fence is not yet known, police said, adding that senior officials reached the spot soon after being informed about the incident and provided immediate relief of Rs 2,000 to each family member of the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mayawati justifies counter abuse, says Dayashankar's wife, daughter paying for being silent on 'prostitute' comment
- Una row: 3 Dalits attempt suicide; situation largely peaceful
- Attention nail polish lovers! Here's how to apply nail paints perfectly—Watch video now
- JKCET-II 2016: Admit card released at www.jakbopee.org, check how to download
- Mercedes' Nico Rosberg signs a new two-year deal, extending his stay to 2018