Three members of a family electrocuted in a village
Sagar: Three members of a family including two women and a girl were electrocuted in Barkhera Jagan village under Rehli police station area, police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday after 68-year-old Siyarani(68) stepped out of her house to throw away garbage when she came in contact with a fence through which electricity was flowing, Rehli police station in-charge told reporters.
As she cried for help, her daughter-in-law Imarti Bai (40) and granddaughter Anjana (13) rushed to her and they too got trapped and electrocuted.
Only her grandson somehow escaped with minor injuries, police said.
How electricity flowed into the fence is not yet known, police said, adding that senior officials reached the spot soon after being informed about the incident and provided immediate relief of Rs 2,000 to each family member of the victims.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju