Three members of a family electrocuted in a village
Sagar: Three members of a family including two women and a girl were electrocuted in Barkhera Jagan village under Rehli police station area, police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday after 68-year-old Siyarani(68) stepped out of her house to throw away garbage when she came in contact with a fence through which electricity was flowing, Rehli police station in-charge told reporters.
As she cried for help, her daughter-in-law Imarti Bai (40) and granddaughter Anjana (13) rushed to her and they too got trapped and electrocuted.
Only her grandson somehow escaped with minor injuries, police said.
How electricity flowed into the fence is not yet known, police said, adding that senior officials reached the spot soon after being informed about the incident and provided immediate relief of Rs 2,000 to each family member of the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you