Three members of a family electrocuted in a village
Sagar: Three members of a family including two women and a girl were electrocuted in Barkhera Jagan village under Rehli police station area, police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday after 68-year-old Siyarani(68) stepped out of her house to throw away garbage when she came in contact with a fence through which electricity was flowing, Rehli police station in-charge told reporters.
As she cried for help, her daughter-in-law Imarti Bai (40) and granddaughter Anjana (13) rushed to her and they too got trapped and electrocuted.
Only her grandson somehow escaped with minor injuries, police said.
How electricity flowed into the fence is not yet known, police said, adding that senior officials reached the spot soon after being informed about the incident and provided immediate relief of Rs 2,000 to each family member of the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert