Three minors killed in explosion at cracker factory in MP
Tikamgarh: Three minor girls were
killed in an explosion at an illegal cracker manufacturing unit at Niwadi area, 80 km from here, Wednesday.
"The three girls were working in the factory when the
incident occurred. The explosion blew off the unit," district
collector Akhilesh Shrivastava said.
Two of the victims have been identified as Mala Khatik
and Roshani and efforts are on to identify the third girl, he
Shrivastava said there was a possibility of more boys
and girls being trapped in the debris.
A team was on its way to Niwadi from the district
headquarters to the site, he said, adding the factory owner
Ashok Kori, a former BJP corporator, and his family members
fled after the explosion.
The collector said that though the unit had been
granted cracker manufacturing licence to do business outside
the city, Kori was illegally running the factory in some rooms
of his house in the densely populated Koriyan locality.
A criminal case against Kori will be registered after
an inquiry to find out the reasons behind the explosion, he
Shrivastava said that the family members of the
deceased have been given Rs 10,000 as initial aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi