Gwalior: Three members of a family were found dead apparently due to asphyxiation caused by a coal brazier lit in their room to keep warm here, police said.
Mukesh Khatik (30), his wife Meena (27) and daughter Dabu (2) were found unresponsive by a relative living next door when he brought dinner for them late last night at Khatik Colony, Inderganj police station incharge R S Tomar said.
Meena's brother knocked at their door for a while after which he entered the room to find the three unresponsive. He along with other family members rushed Mukesh and his family to a hospital where a doctor pronounced them brought dead, Tomar said.
The coal brazier (angeethi) was found lit in the small room and prime facie it appears that they inhaled the toxic gas from it which led to their death, he said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and the exact reason of their death will be known once the report is out, he said.
A case has been registered and police are further investigating, he added.