Three Rajya Sabha seats from MP to go to polls on Feb 7
Bhopal: The Election Commission has started preparations for the February 7 election to three Rajya Sabha seats from Madhya Pradesh that will fall vacant this year.
According to the programme issued by EC, a notification for elections would be issued on January 21, and the last date for filing of nominations will be January 28.
Scrutiny of nomination papers would take place on January 29 and withdrawals would be allowed till the evening of January 31.
Elections would be held on February 7 for a total of 56 seats of Rajya Sabha from different states.
The three Rajya Sabha members from Madhya Pradesh whose term ends on April 28 are - BJP vice president Prabhat Jha, state BJP unit vice president Raghunandan Sharma and Maya Singh.
Maya Singh, who won the Assembly election in November last year, is now a minister in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon