Three Rajya Sabha seats from MP to go to polls on Feb 7
Bhopal: The Election Commission has started preparations for the February 7 election to three Rajya Sabha seats from Madhya Pradesh that will fall vacant this year.
According to the programme issued by EC, a notification for elections would be issued on January 21, and the last date for filing of nominations will be January 28.
Scrutiny of nomination papers would take place on January 29 and withdrawals would be allowed till the evening of January 31.
Elections would be held on February 7 for a total of 56 seats of Rajya Sabha from different states.
The three Rajya Sabha members from Madhya Pradesh whose term ends on April 28 are - BJP vice president Prabhat Jha, state BJP unit vice president Raghunandan Sharma and Maya Singh.
Maya Singh, who won the Assembly election in November last year, is now a minister in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur