Three Rajya Sabha seats from MP to go to polls on Feb 7
Bhopal: The Election Commission has started preparations for the February 7 election to three Rajya Sabha seats from Madhya Pradesh that will fall vacant this year.
According to the programme issued by EC, a notification for elections would be issued on January 21, and the last date for filing of nominations will be January 28.
Scrutiny of nomination papers would take place on January 29 and withdrawals would be allowed till the evening of January 31.
Elections would be held on February 7 for a total of 56 seats of Rajya Sabha from different states.
The three Rajya Sabha members from Madhya Pradesh whose term ends on April 28 are - BJP vice president Prabhat Jha, state BJP unit vice president Raghunandan Sharma and Maya Singh.
Maya Singh, who won the Assembly election in November last year, is now a minister in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post