Three Rajya Sabha seats from MP to go to polls on Feb 7
Bhopal: The Election Commission has started preparations for the February 7 election to three Rajya Sabha seats from Madhya Pradesh that will fall vacant this year.
According to the programme issued by EC, a notification for elections would be issued on January 21, and the last date for filing of nominations will be January 28.
Scrutiny of nomination papers would take place on January 29 and withdrawals would be allowed till the evening of January 31.
Elections would be held on February 7 for a total of 56 seats of Rajya Sabha from different states.
The three Rajya Sabha members from Madhya Pradesh whose term ends on April 28 are - BJP vice president Prabhat Jha, state BJP unit vice president Raghunandan Sharma and Maya Singh.
Maya Singh, who won the Assembly election in November last year, is now a minister in the state.
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory