Three Rajya Sabha seats from MP to go to polls on Feb 7
Bhopal: The Election Commission has started preparations for the February 7 election to three Rajya Sabha seats from Madhya Pradesh that will fall vacant this year.
According to the programme issued by EC, a notification for elections would be issued on January 21, and the last date for filing of nominations will be January 28.
Scrutiny of nomination papers would take place on January 29 and withdrawals would be allowed till the evening of January 31.
Elections would be held on February 7 for a total of 56 seats of Rajya Sabha from different states.
The three Rajya Sabha members from Madhya Pradesh whose term ends on April 28 are - BJP vice president Prabhat Jha, state BJP unit vice president Raghunandan Sharma and Maya Singh.
Maya Singh, who won the Assembly election in November last year, is now a minister in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Turkey-backed rebels take Syrian border town of Jarablus
- Drone strikes kill 5 Qaeda suspects in Yemen: Security
- Bjorn Borg, John McEnroe renew rivalry as Laver Cup captains
- Mamata Banerjee warns Gorkha Janmukti Morcha against violence
- Powerful quake hits Myanmar, damaging famed Bagan temples; tremors felt in India