Three SIMI activists held in MP
Ratlam: Three activists of banned
Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) were arrested here
by the Madhya Pradesh police.
Acting on a tip-off, the Ratlam police arrested SIMI
activists Mohammad Hussein, Mohammad Rafiq and Mohammad Ashiq
yesterday and booked them for unlawful activities under
various sections of IPC, police said today.
However, another SIMI activist Maulana Mumtaz, who hails
from Jogeshwari in Mumbai is absconding, they said.
Earlier, Ratlam police had arrested two suspected SIMI
activists-- Zakir and Farhad after they killed one ATS jawan
and injured others in a shootout here on June 3.
The duo was also wanted in a broad daylight shootout
incident at Khandwa district in 2009 in which three persons
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31