Three SIMI activists held in MP
Ratlam: Three activists of banned
Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) were arrested here
by the Madhya Pradesh police.
Acting on a tip-off, the Ratlam police arrested SIMI
activists Mohammad Hussein, Mohammad Rafiq and Mohammad Ashiq
yesterday and booked them for unlawful activities under
various sections of IPC, police said today.
However, another SIMI activist Maulana Mumtaz, who hails
from Jogeshwari in Mumbai is absconding, they said.
Earlier, Ratlam police had arrested two suspected SIMI
activists-- Zakir and Farhad after they killed one ATS jawan
and injured others in a shootout here on June 3.
The duo was also wanted in a broad daylight shootout
incident at Khandwa district in 2009 in which three persons
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez