Three tribal women killed after being run over by car
Mandla: Three tribal women were today crushed to death by a speeding car here, police said Wednesday.
The deceased women belonging to Manpurkheda village, were returning from Bichhia tehsil, about five kms from here, after selling wood when they were run over by a car killing them on the spot.
The deceased were identified as Sugandha(45), Somti Bai (34) and Tikia Bai(38), they said adding that the car driver fled from the spot after the mishap.
The bodies were handed over to kin of the deceased after post mortem.
A case has been registered against the car driver and a hunt is on to nab him, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump