Three tribal women killed after being run over by car
Mandla: Three tribal women were today crushed to death by a speeding car here, police said Wednesday.
The deceased women belonging to Manpurkheda village, were returning from Bichhia tehsil, about five kms from here, after selling wood when they were run over by a car killing them on the spot.
The deceased were identified as Sugandha(45), Somti Bai (34) and Tikia Bai(38), they said adding that the car driver fled from the spot after the mishap.
The bodies were handed over to kin of the deceased after post mortem.
A case has been registered against the car driver and a hunt is on to nab him, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders