Tiger electrocuted in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
Umaria(MP): A tiger was today
electrocuted after poachers allegedly laid live wires between Majhgavan nursery and Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve in Umaria district of Madhya Pradesh, forest officials said.
The feline must have came out of the reserve forest near Ghunghuti forest area when it got trapped in the live wires and died, sources said.
Soon after getting information about the tiger, forest officials rushed to the spot for inspection.
This is the third incident of a tiger being electrocuted in the state, in the recent past.
A tigress recently got electrocuted under Khitouli Beat of the Badwara forest area near Katni district.
On June 5, a tiger was killed allegedly by poachers in a similar manner under Kathoutia range, about 32 kms away from Bhopal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof