Tiger electrocuted in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
Umaria(MP): A tiger was today
electrocuted after poachers allegedly laid live wires between Majhgavan nursery and Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve in Umaria district of Madhya Pradesh, forest officials said.
The feline must have came out of the reserve forest near Ghunghuti forest area when it got trapped in the live wires and died, sources said.
Soon after getting information about the tiger, forest officials rushed to the spot for inspection.
This is the third incident of a tiger being electrocuted in the state, in the recent past.
A tigress recently got electrocuted under Khitouli Beat of the Badwara forest area near Katni district.
On June 5, a tiger was killed allegedly by poachers in a similar manner under Kathoutia range, about 32 kms away from Bhopal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Railways offer bedroll for sleeper, unreserved passengers
- There's nothing wrong in Oppn leaders meeting PM Modi: J&K Mehbooba Mufti
- 'India wants to be friends, but Pakistan, China have sin in their minds'
- UK report recommends special prison units for Islamist extremists
- My career all but over if ban not reviewed: Narsingh Yadav