Tiger electrocuted in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
Umaria(MP): A tiger was today
electrocuted after poachers allegedly laid live wires between Majhgavan nursery and Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve in Umaria district of Madhya Pradesh, forest officials said.
The feline must have came out of the reserve forest near Ghunghuti forest area when it got trapped in the live wires and died, sources said.
Soon after getting information about the tiger, forest officials rushed to the spot for inspection.
This is the third incident of a tiger being electrocuted in the state, in the recent past.
A tigress recently got electrocuted under Khitouli Beat of the Badwara forest area near Katni district.
On June 5, a tiger was killed allegedly by poachers in a similar manner under Kathoutia range, about 32 kms away from Bhopal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP