Tiger from Ranthambore strays into Morena district
Bhopal: A tiger from Ranthambore National
Park in Rajasthan has strayed into Madhya Pradesh, following
which a vigil is being maintained in the forest area of Morena
"Rajasthan Chief Wildlife Warden H M Bhatia yesterday
contacted me and informed that a tiger from Ranthambore has
entered Morena district," Principal Chief Conservator of
Forest (Wildlife) H S Pabla said today.
"We are maintaining a vigil in Morena district," he said
adding that Madhya Pradesh forest ground staffers are yet to
spot the big cat.
The big cat had left Ranthambore some days back, after
which more than 100 Rajasthan forest officials were trying
hard to locate and bring it back, officials said.
A few days back, some evidence suggested that the striped
beast was in the ravines of Chambal in Dholpur district from
where it entered Madhya Pradesh, officials said adding
Dholpur and Morena are only 35 kms apart.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown