Tiger killed in territorial fight in Kanha Reserve
Bhopal: A tiger was killed in a territorial fight with another feline in Madhya Pradesh`s Kanha Tiger Reserve, forest sources said on Thursday.
The two-and-half year old tiger sustained fatal injuries in the territorial fight with another big cat on March 11 in Kisli range of the tiger reserve, they said.
The young tiger was found abandoned when it was a cub, following which forest officials trained it in a protected environment to kill prey on its own. About five months back, it was released in the wild after being radio collared by the forest officials, sources said.
However, the young carnivore was killed by another big cat in a territorial fight, which is quite common among the tigers, they said.
The autopsy of the carcass was conducted in the presence of National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) and WWF representatives which confirmed death due to mutual fight and flow of excess blood, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog