Tiger killed in territorial fight in Kanha Reserve
Bhopal: A tiger was killed in a territorial fight with another feline in Madhya Pradesh`s Kanha Tiger Reserve, forest sources said on Thursday.
The two-and-half year old tiger sustained fatal injuries in the territorial fight with another big cat on March 11 in Kisli range of the tiger reserve, they said.
The young tiger was found abandoned when it was a cub, following which forest officials trained it in a protected environment to kill prey on its own. About five months back, it was released in the wild after being radio collared by the forest officials, sources said.
However, the young carnivore was killed by another big cat in a territorial fight, which is quite common among the tigers, they said.
The autopsy of the carcass was conducted in the presence of National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) and WWF representatives which confirmed death due to mutual fight and flow of excess blood, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you