Tiger killed in territorial fight in Kanha Reserve
Bhopal: A tiger was killed in a territorial fight with another feline in Madhya Pradesh`s Kanha Tiger Reserve, forest sources said on Thursday.
The two-and-half year old tiger sustained fatal injuries in the territorial fight with another big cat on March 11 in Kisli range of the tiger reserve, they said.
The young tiger was found abandoned when it was a cub, following which forest officials trained it in a protected environment to kill prey on its own. About five months back, it was released in the wild after being radio collared by the forest officials, sources said.
However, the young carnivore was killed by another big cat in a territorial fight, which is quite common among the tigers, they said.
The autopsy of the carcass was conducted in the presence of National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) and WWF representatives which confirmed death due to mutual fight and flow of excess blood, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today
- Flood situation remains grim in UP, MP and Bihar; Ganga flowing above danger mark
- Grand welcome back home: PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand thank Telangana government for wonderful reception
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside