Tigress dies in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
Bhopal: A tigress on Wednesday died at Tala range
of Bandhavgarh tiger reserve in Umaria district in eastern
"The tigress was around 30 months old and possibly died
after sustaining some internal injuries in a fight with
another tigress over territorial rights," Reserve Field
Director C K Patil said on phone.
He ruled out the possibility of the tigress being hit by
some tourists` jeep in the reserve.
The limping tigress was spotted by some tourists, he said
adding it even roared at some tourists in the morning, he
Before the feline died it entered a water body in Tala
range, Patil said.
He said there was no external injury mark on the tigress`
Patil said the post-mortem of tigress will be done as per
the guidelines of the National Tiger Conservation Authority
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?