Tigress dies in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
Bhopal: A tigress on Wednesday died at Tala range
of Bandhavgarh tiger reserve in Umaria district in eastern
"The tigress was around 30 months old and possibly died
after sustaining some internal injuries in a fight with
another tigress over territorial rights," Reserve Field
Director C K Patil said on phone.
He ruled out the possibility of the tigress being hit by
some tourists` jeep in the reserve.
The limping tigress was spotted by some tourists, he said
adding it even roared at some tourists in the morning, he
Before the feline died it entered a water body in Tala
range, Patil said.
He said there was no external injury mark on the tigress`
Patil said the post-mortem of tigress will be done as per
the guidelines of the National Tiger Conservation Authority
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav