Tigress dies in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
Bhopal: A tigress on Wednesday died at Tala range
of Bandhavgarh tiger reserve in Umaria district in eastern
"The tigress was around 30 months old and possibly died
after sustaining some internal injuries in a fight with
another tigress over territorial rights," Reserve Field
Director C K Patil said on phone.
He ruled out the possibility of the tigress being hit by
some tourists` jeep in the reserve.
The limping tigress was spotted by some tourists, he said
adding it even roared at some tourists in the morning, he
Before the feline died it entered a water body in Tala
range, Patil said.
He said there was no external injury mark on the tigress`
Patil said the post-mortem of tigress will be done as per
the guidelines of the National Tiger Conservation Authority
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore