Tigress killed by another tigress at Bandhavgarh
Bhopal: A tigress was killed by another
tigress over territorial fight in Madhya Pradesh`s Bandhavgarh
Tiger Reserve, officials said.
The carcass of the 9-year-old tigress Laxmi, who also had
two cubs, was recovered from Salatekari area at Tala Range of
the Reserve, in Umaria district yesterday, a top forest
Laxmi was killed and eaten by another tigress named
Kankati (4), after a possible fight over territory,
Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve`s Field Director C K Patil said,
adding, Kankati had sustained an eye injury.
The forest guards yesterday saw Kankati eating the slain
tigress, he said, adding, Laxmi and Kankati had fought in the
This was probably the first instance of a tiger killing
and eating someone of its own species in Bandhavgarh, spread
over an area of 700 sq km in eastern Madhya Pradesh.
The two orphaned cubs who were spotted today, were doing
fine, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev