‘Time has come for politicians like me to retire’
Guna: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has said the time has come for politicians of his age to retire from the field.
"I think it is time that politicians of my age retire from politics and now the youth must come forward and take over," Singh said at a function to mark the conclusion of his son Jayawardan`s second yatra.
However, he will contest the next Lok Sabha elections if the party gives him the ticket, he said, adding that there was no way in which he would contest the Assembly elections.
Singh said that his son, Jayawardan would contest next year`s Assembly elections only if he gets the ticket for them.
He said the manner in which corruption had spread all over Madhya Pradesh during the last eight years of BJP rule could never had been dreamt of.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more
- Anil Kumble pips Ravi Shastri to become new coach of Team India