‘Time has come for politicians like me to retire’
Guna: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has said the time has come for politicians of his age to retire from the field.
"I think it is time that politicians of my age retire from politics and now the youth must come forward and take over," Singh said at a function to mark the conclusion of his son Jayawardan`s second yatra.
However, he will contest the next Lok Sabha elections if the party gives him the ticket, he said, adding that there was no way in which he would contest the Assembly elections.
Singh said that his son, Jayawardan would contest next year`s Assembly elections only if he gets the ticket for them.
He said the manner in which corruption had spread all over Madhya Pradesh during the last eight years of BJP rule could never had been dreamt of.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur