TMC delegation to visit BJP-ruled Madhya Pradesh
Kolkata,: A five member team of Trinamool Congress MPs is set to visit BJP ruled Madhya Pradesh where a tribal woman was allegedly gangraped by ten people and paraded naked in her village.
"It has been decided that a five member delegation of Trinamool Congress MPs will visit Bhiali Kheda village of Madhya Pradesh, where a tribal woman was gangraped and paraded naked few days back," TMC MP Sukhendu Sekhar Ray.
The announcement of the visit came a day after a BJP delegation visited West Bengal and expressed concern over law and order situation in the state.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee yesteray said she too would send her party MPs to BJP-ruled states if there was any incident there.
Ray, who is TMC deputy leader in Rajya Sabha, will be accompanied by party MPs Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar, Arpita Ghosh, Uma Soren and Rajya Sabha MP Nadimul Haq.
"We will visit the place within next two to three days and submit the report to our party supremo after returning. Our mission is to visit the place and get the first hand information about what happened and what steps are being taken regarding the arrests and safety of the victim," Ray said.
A tribal woman in Madhya Pradesh was allegedly gangraped by 10 people, including her husband, paraded naked and forced to drink urine in front of her minor son on June 13 in the village following a land dispute.
After the woman lodged a complaint alleging that the attack was carried out at the behest of her husband, all the accused were nabbed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- China warns India over deployment of BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- Switch to high speed 4G Jio, stop using Vodafone, Airtel: Reliance to employees
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai to receive Khel Ratna awards
- Kashmir issue can be resolved politically, not judicially: SC
- SpiceJet to launch flights to Silchar, Aizwal