Trial begins in IPS officer Narendra Kumar murder case
Indore: The trial of IPS officer Narendra Kumar murder case Wednesday began at the special CBI court here with the examination of four prosecution witnesses.
The prosecution examined three police officers and an RTO officer from Morena.
RTO Inspector Sachdev Singh deposed that the tractor-trolley, which mowed down Kumar in Morena on March 8 this year, had been transferred in the name of Manoj Gurjar, the sole accused.
The defence closely cross-examined the three policemen who worked under Kumar at the time, on the point whether Kumar had climbed on the tractor-trolley, laden with illegally mined stones and being driven by Gurjar, in an attempt to stop it, before Kumar was run over.
Gurjar is facing charges under section 304 (culpable homicide) and section 353 (use of criminal force to prevent government official from discharging his duties) of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!