Trial begins in IPS officer Narendra Kumar murder case
Indore: The trial of IPS officer Narendra Kumar murder case Wednesday began at the special CBI court here with the examination of four prosecution witnesses.
The prosecution examined three police officers and an RTO officer from Morena.
RTO Inspector Sachdev Singh deposed that the tractor-trolley, which mowed down Kumar in Morena on March 8 this year, had been transferred in the name of Manoj Gurjar, the sole accused.
The defence closely cross-examined the three policemen who worked under Kumar at the time, on the point whether Kumar had climbed on the tractor-trolley, laden with illegally mined stones and being driven by Gurjar, in an attempt to stop it, before Kumar was run over.
Gurjar is facing charges under section 304 (culpable homicide) and section 353 (use of criminal force to prevent government official from discharging his duties) of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed