Trial begins in IPS officer Narendra Kumar murder case
Indore: The trial of IPS officer Narendra Kumar murder case Wednesday began at the special CBI court here with the examination of four prosecution witnesses.
The prosecution examined three police officers and an RTO officer from Morena.
RTO Inspector Sachdev Singh deposed that the tractor-trolley, which mowed down Kumar in Morena on March 8 this year, had been transferred in the name of Manoj Gurjar, the sole accused.
The defence closely cross-examined the three policemen who worked under Kumar at the time, on the point whether Kumar had climbed on the tractor-trolley, laden with illegally mined stones and being driven by Gurjar, in an attempt to stop it, before Kumar was run over.
Gurjar is facing charges under section 304 (culpable homicide) and section 353 (use of criminal force to prevent government official from discharging his duties) of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened