Trial begins in IPS officer Narendra Kumar murder case
Indore: The trial of IPS officer Narendra Kumar murder case Wednesday began at the special CBI court here with the examination of four prosecution witnesses.
The prosecution examined three police officers and an RTO officer from Morena.
RTO Inspector Sachdev Singh deposed that the tractor-trolley, which mowed down Kumar in Morena on March 8 this year, had been transferred in the name of Manoj Gurjar, the sole accused.
The defence closely cross-examined the three policemen who worked under Kumar at the time, on the point whether Kumar had climbed on the tractor-trolley, laden with illegally mined stones and being driven by Gurjar, in an attempt to stop it, before Kumar was run over.
Gurjar is facing charges under section 304 (culpable homicide) and section 353 (use of criminal force to prevent government official from discharging his duties) of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah