Trial begins in IPS officer Narendra Kumar murder case
Indore: The trial of IPS officer Narendra Kumar murder case Wednesday began at the special CBI court here with the examination of four prosecution witnesses.
The prosecution examined three police officers and an RTO officer from Morena.
RTO Inspector Sachdev Singh deposed that the tractor-trolley, which mowed down Kumar in Morena on March 8 this year, had been transferred in the name of Manoj Gurjar, the sole accused.
The defence closely cross-examined the three policemen who worked under Kumar at the time, on the point whether Kumar had climbed on the tractor-trolley, laden with illegally mined stones and being driven by Gurjar, in an attempt to stop it, before Kumar was run over.
Gurjar is facing charges under section 304 (culpable homicide) and section 353 (use of criminal force to prevent government official from discharging his duties) of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?