Tribal widow forced to drink urine in MP, 4 held
Hoshangabad: A tribal widow was allegedly forced to drink urine and mercilessly beaten up by members of her own community as they suspected her of practising black magic, police said on Monday.
Four persons were arrested following a complaint by the victim, they said.
The shocking incident took place in Kudkheda village under Piparia tehsil of Hoshangabad district on April 19, police said.
The tribals suspected the widow indulged in black magic. To punish her, they brought a glass of urine and forced her to drink it. They also thrashed her, police added.
Meanwhile, opposition Congress condemned the incident and alleged the BJP government has failed to protect the honour of women in the State.
Madhya Pradesh Congress President Kantilal Bhuria said the episode shows some people have no fear of law or law enforcing agencies.
Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh termed it as "shameful" and said women are finding it difficult to live with dignity under the BJP government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown