Tribal widow forced to drink urine in MP, 4 held
Hoshangabad: A tribal widow was allegedly forced to drink urine and mercilessly beaten up by members of her own community as they suspected her of practising black magic, police said on Monday.
Four persons were arrested following a complaint by the victim, they said.
The shocking incident took place in Kudkheda village under Piparia tehsil of Hoshangabad district on April 19, police said.
The tribals suspected the widow indulged in black magic. To punish her, they brought a glass of urine and forced her to drink it. They also thrashed her, police added.
Meanwhile, opposition Congress condemned the incident and alleged the BJP government has failed to protect the honour of women in the State.
Madhya Pradesh Congress President Kantilal Bhuria said the episode shows some people have no fear of law or law enforcing agencies.
Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh termed it as "shameful" and said women are finding it difficult to live with dignity under the BJP government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan