Tribal widow forced to drink urine in MP, 4 held
Hoshangabad: A tribal widow was allegedly forced to drink urine and mercilessly beaten up by members of her own community as they suspected her of practising black magic, police said on Monday.
Four persons were arrested following a complaint by the victim, they said.
The shocking incident took place in Kudkheda village under Piparia tehsil of Hoshangabad district on April 19, police said.
The tribals suspected the widow indulged in black magic. To punish her, they brought a glass of urine and forced her to drink it. They also thrashed her, police added.
Meanwhile, opposition Congress condemned the incident and alleged the BJP government has failed to protect the honour of women in the State.
Madhya Pradesh Congress President Kantilal Bhuria said the episode shows some people have no fear of law or law enforcing agencies.
Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh termed it as "shameful" and said women are finding it difficult to live with dignity under the BJP government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note