Tribal woman gangraped in Madhya Pradesh
Barwani: A 26-year old tribal woman was
allegedly abducted and gangraped by the district panchayat
president and three others in a moving car near here, police
Three of the accused - Gangram Baghel, Rai Singh Barde
and C Banjara- have been arrested, while hunt is on for
panchayat president and Congress leader Ramesh Patel in
connection with the case, SP R S Meena said.
Patel, nephew of BJP MLA Prem Singh Patel, along with
other accused abducted the victim, an assistant warden of a
girls hostel in Meni Mata village, from her room at gun-point
and raped her by turns in a moving SUV on July 31 night, a
complaint registered with police said.
According to the victim, she managed to escape from the
accused and reached her native place in Limbai the next day,
police said. She registered a case with the Rajpur Police
The Rajpur police has transferred it to Silavd police
station as Meni Mata area falls under its limits, they added.
A medical test conducted on the victim too has confirmed
that she was raped, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love