Tribal woman gangraped in Madhya Pradesh
Barwani: A 26-year old tribal woman was
allegedly abducted and gangraped by the district panchayat
president and three others in a moving car near here, police
Three of the accused - Gangram Baghel, Rai Singh Barde
and C Banjara- have been arrested, while hunt is on for
panchayat president and Congress leader Ramesh Patel in
connection with the case, SP R S Meena said.
Patel, nephew of BJP MLA Prem Singh Patel, along with
other accused abducted the victim, an assistant warden of a
girls hostel in Meni Mata village, from her room at gun-point
and raped her by turns in a moving SUV on July 31 night, a
complaint registered with police said.
According to the victim, she managed to escape from the
accused and reached her native place in Limbai the next day,
police said. She registered a case with the Rajpur Police
The Rajpur police has transferred it to Silavd police
station as Meni Mata area falls under its limits, they added.
A medical test conducted on the victim too has confirmed
that she was raped, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth