Tribal woman gangraped in Madhya Pradesh
Barwani: A 26-year old tribal woman was
allegedly abducted and gangraped by the district panchayat
president and three others in a moving car near here, police
Three of the accused - Gangram Baghel, Rai Singh Barde
and C Banjara- have been arrested, while hunt is on for
panchayat president and Congress leader Ramesh Patel in
connection with the case, SP R S Meena said.
Patel, nephew of BJP MLA Prem Singh Patel, along with
other accused abducted the victim, an assistant warden of a
girls hostel in Meni Mata village, from her room at gun-point
and raped her by turns in a moving SUV on July 31 night, a
complaint registered with police said.
According to the victim, she managed to escape from the
accused and reached her native place in Limbai the next day,
police said. She registered a case with the Rajpur Police
The Rajpur police has transferred it to Silavd police
station as Meni Mata area falls under its limits, they added.
A medical test conducted on the victim too has confirmed
that she was raped, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail